Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The "How could I resist" Culinary Meme

I found this meme at SFO MOM and decided to try it out.

1. What food does your best friend not like? My best friend is my dh and he likes everything.

2. What is your favorite cookbook?
I have several, but I rarely use a cookbook -- I am constantly concocting my own recipes. The Joy of Cooking was one of my first cookbooks, but I don't use it anymore.

3. Are you more of a sushi person or a lamb person? Lamb, definitely. I like Sushi, but it isn't as tasty to me as lamb.

4. Given a choice of something fried and salty or something baked and sweet, what would you choose? Neither -- I eat healthy and neither of these sounds very healthy to me. OK, if I have to choose one it would probably be the baked and sweet one.

5. Do you buy whole chickens and boil them and pick the meat off or does that gross you out?
I rarely purchase whole chickens. I select organic chicken breasts and slow cook them in the crock pot.

6. How do you feel about butter, sour cream, cream cheese, and half and half?
They are only in my diet at Christmas time.

7. (Skip this question if you are a vegetarian) If you are a carnivore, would you be willing to hunt or butcher your meat? Or to watch someone do that for you or would you rather not think of it? Or are you grateful for the animal who gave its life to sustain your life?
This question grosses me out, but if I had to, I suppose I would hunt and butcher my own meat. I eat mostly fruits and vegetable, but I do love to eat organic meat -- free of hormones and antibiotics.

8. What is the most exotic ingredient or spice in your cupboard?
elderberry (which is listed as a spice)

I'm adding two questions:

9. What is your favorite vegetable?
artichoke

10. What is your favorite fruit?
pineapple

I tag:

Esther

Deb

Rosemary

Alexandra

Marie